Tuesday, January 18, 2011

bedding for the spare room

No, I haven't fully cleaned it out yet and the bed is still at my mom's, but I can still dream, right?

I feel like this room is calling out for purple.  I have some purple faux flowers and they're just so pretty next to the cucumber green walls.  And that's a good thing because the walls would be impossible to match, black would be too graphic for me and white could end up dingy since this isn't a room I would use that much (I'm using my black and white Liberty shade in here come hell or high water).

I don't want a pretty lavender because that would make the room too girly and sweet and that's not the look I'm going for.  But I don't want a solid because that would make it not girly enough.  And a print would be hard to coordinate with my impossible-to-coordinate lamp shade.

Then I saw this duvet.


It's from Urban Outfitters and just might be perfect.  A strong purple but all ruffles.  The reviews are a little mixed so I'm not going to run out and buy it now, but I'll keep it in mind for once I'm ready!