Monday, December 14, 2009

Salvation Army find

I went to Salvation Army with my sister looking for SOMETHING for my house. A sideboard to put my TV on? A small chest for my landing strip? An end table?

And I saw a really nice china cabinet. Narrow enough to fit comfortably along the wall between my kitchen and living room. Two or three drawers below and glass doors above. And the style was great - similar to what I grew up with - simple, almost felt Federal. Overall it was in good condition and I think it was something pretty low like $75.

But it was tall and wouldn't have space to throw the mail or keys or to set up a bar during parties. Not what I was looking for. I left it at the store.

And all week it ate at me.

Could I figure out somewhere else for my keys? Put the bar set up somewhere else?

So I decided to go back. If it was there, it was meant to be. If it wasn't, I would try to not be sad about it. I went back with my mom and it was gone. Nothing similar at all. And I was very sad.

It was similar to this one:

 

So we wandered around and checked out everything else and I saw this orange chair again. I had seen it the weekend before and really liked it, but was on a mission for casegoods. So while the cabinet wasn't there, this chair was - and it was marked down.

I took it as a sign and bought it.



I adore the scalloped back and how trim it is. It's also comfortable and the uphostery is in good condition. I'd like to recover it eventually, but know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

No comments: