Tuesday, June 8, 2010

seafoam green

I painted my spare bedroom the other weekend.  I had a shade of green in my head, a little minty but softer, prettier.  Similar to the color of Aerin Lauder's dressing room, but a little greener and a little prettier since I wouldn't have the floral to balance it.  The name of this green was at the edge of my brain but I couldn't put it in words.

Well, Camila from High-Heeled Foot in the Door named it for me!  Seafoam green.  Yes!  That's it!  She just wrote a blog post about how it's now being considered the new neutral and I completely agree.

I really think your choices for accents are limitless.  Of course white - I adore this color with large doses of white, but navy, lavender, coral, black, brown, yellow, teal....  They're all gorgeous with seafoam. To avoid looking too beachy, I would add more dramatic colors and prints.  But then I think it would be so pretty and feminine but not overly sweet with loads and loads of gauzy white.

I leave for Bonnaroo tomorrow, but watch this space for updates on my seafoam spare room!

No comments: